Saturday, July 21, 2007

Raspberry Chicken

Someone brought this to us when we had our baby and it was so yummy! I already made it again. It is great served with rice pilaf and glazed broccoli.

Raspberry Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts
4 T butter (or less)
¼ cup onion, chopped finely
6 T. raspberry jam
6 T. red wine vinegar
1 pint whipping cream
½ cup sugar

Optional: Marinate chicken in Italian dressing.

Salt and pepper chicken. In large skillet melt butter. Add chicken and onion, cook completely. Remove chicken from pan. Add jam and vinegar to butter onion mixture and bring to full boil- boil 1 min. stirring constantly. In a separate bowl whip cream and sugar. Stir into onion mixture. Return to a boil and pour sauce over chicken and serve.

*I substituted 1 cup fat free half and half (Land O Lakes brand) for 1 cup of the whipping cream and it worked fine.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Katie your mom was telling me about this recipe today and said it was absolutely yummy. I can't wait to try it. Did the fat free half and half whip up? I've never tried that.

Megan said...

Oh, and do you have a recipe for the glazed broccoli. That sounded yummy too!

Katie said...

The half and half obviously didn't whip up like whipping cream, but because I used both it thickened okay. I tried it because after you whip it you bring it to a boil which breaks it back down again so I thought I'd see what happened. I've tasted it made both ways and the only difference is using all whipping cream makes it a little more creamy (but I'll never use all whipping cream- it didn't make a huge difference to me). I'll post the recipe for the broccoli- it is also in the Lion House Classics recipe book.