Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fresh Blueberry Cream Pie


My aunt posted this recipe a year ago on our family website and I've been dying to try it ever since. I love blueberries and I figured they'd have to be fabulous in a pie. It turned out well and was not super-sweet which I really liked. My dad insisted on trying a piece before I went to supper club and he recommends it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This will have to become one of my new favorite summer recipes.


p.s. Please excuse the photography. My camera is...well...challenged, but hopefully that situation will be rectified someday soon. In the mean time, I am determined to take photos of the recipes I post and you'll have to live with some less-than-lovely pictures.


Main Ingredients:


1 cup sour cream (fat-free or low fat works great)


2 TBL all-purpose flour


¾ cup sugar1 tsp vanilla extract


¼ tsp salt


1 egg beaten or egg beaters


2-2 ½ cups fresh blueberries


1 unbaked deep dish pie shell


Topping Ingredients (I doubled the topping) Combine and set aside


3 TBL all-purpose flour


1½ TBL butter3


TBL chopped pecans


Combine first 6 ingredients; beat about 5 minutes at medium speed until smooth. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pie shell and bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with topping. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Chill 2 hours before serving.ENJOY!

1 comment:

The Jesperson Family said...

Megan, I love that you are adding pictures. A friend of mine starting doing that on welovegoodfoods, and the idea stuck with all of us. I bet this idea spreads on this blog too.

Mary