Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fruit Soup



This is my sister-in-law Tami's recipes. She grew up using it as a main dish but I come from a family with 5 brothers and fruit soup would never have passed as a main dish. I personally could eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner and, with all the leftovers from last night, I probably will. The base is a tangy, orange juice-tapioca mix that compliments the sweet fruit nicely. It's also really easy to make.


5 C water
4 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
1 - 12 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 Tbsp sugar


Place tapioca and water in saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thick and tapioca is clear. Remove from heat, add sugar, dash of salt and orange juice. Blend, Cool. Stirring once after 15-20 minutes. Cover and chill. Add fruit with juices: watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, peaches, pears, red or green grapes, strawberries, bananas, canned fruit, cocktail fruit.

1 comment:

The Jesperson Family said...

Oh yeah! Two of my favorite foods, soup and fruit!! I'll have to try this one too. Thanks for posting all your yummy recipes, I'm excited to try them.