Monday, May 28, 2007

Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs

This recipe can be used for a main dish over rice or as an appetizer with toothpicks. I've gotten lots of compliments both ways.

1/3 pkg. Costco Meathballs
1 16 or 20 oz can pinapple chunks (depending on how much pineapple you want)
1/2 c brown sugar
3/4 c ketchup
1/4 c vinegar
2 T cornstarch
2 T soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced (or garlic salt)
1 small onion, diced
1 large bell pepper, dice (opional)

Mix together all ingredients except meatballs. Place ons tove in big pot over mdium heat. Add meatbals and bring mixture to boil, stirring so meatballs are covered in sauce. Turn down heat and allow to simmer for 1 hour, stirring often to prevent scorching. Excellent sauce.

note: both times I have made this I haven't had any vinegar so I did it without, but it was still very good. I also don't always use the cornstarch because I don't like it to thicken too much.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Liza, I had a few leftover meatballs in my fridge someone left from a party and they were a little spicy for my family. I made your sauce and added them to it and it was a great dinner. I even got the kids to eat theirs. Thanks.