Monday, May 28, 2007

Chicken Tetrazzini

This is a family favorite of ours.

2 T Butter
8oz Mushrooms (I use more cause my family loves them)
4 green onions (I've used yellow onions more than the green and it tastes the same to me)
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 c Flour
2 c chicken stock
1/2 c whipping cream
1/4 c cranberry juice (I think the normal recipe calls for wine, but we use juice and it's sweet and yummy)
2 c cubed chicken
2/3 c freashly grated parmesan
8 oz pasta (obviously, whatever pasta you prefer, i like bowtie)

In large skillet, melt butter. Add mushrooms, onions, and basil; cook for 4 minutes. In a bowl, blend flour with 1/3 cup chicken stockt o make smooth past. Stir in remaining stock. Pour into skillet, bring to boil, stirring until thicker. Add cream and juice. When you're ready to serve, add parmesan, then add chicken and noodles in large bowl. Yummy!

No comments: