- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the oil and sugar until light, about 5 minutes
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With the mixer running on low, add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla
- In three parts, alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the batter, beginning and ending with the dry.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full using all the batter.
- Bake for about 16 minutes, turning the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a baking rack and cool completely.
- Frost with your choice of frosting.
1/4 cup soften butter
1 - 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 - 10 oz package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed. Use 1/4 cup. OR 1/4 cup strawberry pastry filling (bought at your local bakery or cooking/candy supply store)
1/2 tsp strawberry extract
7 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy
- Beat in 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree and the strawberry extract. (the leftover puree can be used for ice cream or smoothies, etc.)
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.