Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Jaques Torres's Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm always on the lookout for a really good chocolate chip cookies (meaning soft and chewy) and I tried this one a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. The original is from Martha Stewart but I made a few tweeks for my tastes. I'll post the half recipe because that makes 4 dozen but I'm thinking next time I make them I'll do a whole recipe and freeze half of them...yes, I can be my own Otis Spunkmeyer.
1 cup butter
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups plus 1 Tbsp pastry flour
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 pound chocolate (I'm not sure that I used quite a pound of chocolate but pretty close. I cut up a blue Symphony Bar and then made up the difference with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs. Sift dry ingredients together and add to sugar mixture. Add chocolate. Bake at 350 for 9 to 10 minutes. Until cookies look just almost done---if you like yours soft and chewy.
For leftover dough freeze in balls and bake later on for about the same cooking time or one to tow minutes longer.
(photo courtesy of marthastewart.com)


No comments: