Thursday, September 20, 2007

French Egg Bread

This is the bread recipe I brought to the September Supper Club. I cannot harp on any of you for not posting yours yet (except for Eliza--thank you) but really girls...this is so easy. This bread is one of my favorites because it's pretty fast. You only let it rise once and then you shape it and bake it right away and it makes two huge loaves.

I also brought pear jam but that recipe comes straight from the MCP packaging box so I won't post it here.

In a bread mixer (if you have one):
Dissolve
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp yeast

Stir in
1 1/2 cups luke warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
6-7 cups bread flour

Knead until smooth and elastic (soft dough but not so soft you can't work with it) let double in bulk, split in two and shape into long loaves. Place on one greased jellyroll pan. Glaze with 1 egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut diagonal slits across the top.

Bake 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes

No comments: