Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Karob Cookies

This recipe is from Melissa's sister-in-law Marianne and was included with the healthy recipes sent around. I was really wanting a treat today so we made these and they turned out wonderfully. I cut the recipe in half since I didn't want to deal with too many cookies, replaced the karob with semi-sweet chocolate chips I had on hand and made them really big. When my very picky brother commented that they were good I knew we had a keeper. I also think it's very fun that they have no flour and are gluten-free.

Karob Cookies
3 beaten eggs
¾ C honey
2/3 C blackstrap molasses
¾ tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
½ C butter
1½ C chunky PB
4¾ C oatmeal
8 oz. karob chips or 3 C raisins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix eggs. Add honey, molasses, vanilla, soda and butter and mix until smooth. Mix in peanut butter, oatmeal, and karob chips. Spoon onto cookie sheets and bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Yield = 6 dozen cookies. Let cool, as they are really sticky and messy until cooled. Layer in storage container with wax paper on each level.

No comments: