Friday, August 31, 2007

Zucchini Brownies

Since the bounties of the harvest are upon us I thought I would post one of my favorite zucchini recipes. Eden actually brought this to the August Supper Club. I've always attributed this recipe to our neighbor, Leslie E., since she is the only one I recall ever making them, but my great aunt recently informed me that it's actually my Grandma Jesperson's recipe (which makes sense because she and Leslie were next door neighbors for years). The original recipe says that the chocolate chips are optional but I personally think they are a must. Anyway, we LOVE it and I've been freezing my extra grated zucchini so I can make this in the coming months.

Cream:
1/3 C oil
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C sugar

Sift together:
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 C cocoa powder

Add to creamed mixture and then add:
1 C nuts (optional - I don't add them)
2 1/2 C grated zucchini

Spread in 9x13 greased pan and sprinkle with 1/3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Bake 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: