- Tin Foil Dinner: classic--meat, potatoes, carrots, onion, zucchini all wrapped up in a little pouched and baked in coals to perfection. Elizabeth said they like to add a little gravy or creamed soup to add to the yumminess. She also said she and Brigham have cook offs to see who's is better.
- Perfect bite of steak: Paige buys cubed steak at the grocery store and then cooks each piece to perfect doneness. No mess or cutting and each bite is piping hot.
- Corn on the cob: Put entire corn cob into coals. Cut until the outside is nice and charred. Open and eat. Yummy, smokey corn.
- Dutch Oven Potatoes: I'm sure you all have a great recipe for this. We usually mix potatoes, onions, bacon and canola oil but I can't wait for Paige to post her recipe!
- S'mores: you have to have s'mores at any campout. For supper club we tried a few different varieties including graham crackers with almond joys and reese's peanut butter cups. Any candybar would work but we all agreed their much better when the chocolate is melted. Apparently there are s'more sticks out there than allow you to carefully warm your chocolate too. Fudge Stripe cookies are also always an easy solution. We also roasted starbursts which were yummy!
- Boiled Omelets. My sister-in-law Julie gave me this recipe and says its yummy and really easy. She says she did not write the recipe but it is too enthusiastic not to post it in it's original form. I'll post it above.
- Grandma Nellie's Surprise Cobbler: Eden shared this recipe with us and it is my all time favorite peach cobbler (perhaps I'm biased). I've only ever made it with homemade bottled peaches and it is SO worth the extra effort. Again, recipe above.
Any other camping favorites? Please post what you like to do in the comments.