Monday, January 14, 2008

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

This is one of those recipes that is to taste...here goes as best I can:
Coming to you from me from my Aunt Heather in Santa Clara, Utah

Boil 2-3 chicken breasts in water with about 1/2 of a chopped onion. (My aunt will also just put the whole onion in the pot to flavor the broth, as one of her children will not eat onion in any form) Add as much sliced carrots and celery as you would like.
Take the chicken out after it's cooked and shred it. Add it back to the broth along with a can of Swanson's low sodium chicken broth. Sometimes I will add bullion cubes if I think it needs more flavor.
Add a can of cream of chicken soup and a big dollup of sour cream. Typically at our house we use low-fat of both products.
Add egg noodles.
Eat it up!

1 comment:

The Ashtons said...

Megan, I am dying to make your soup from the other night so post the recipe when you get a second. Thanks in advance!